Careers at deeserve: IT Support Engineer
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Type: Full Time
Location: Based at our offices in Normanton on Soar, Leicestershire, LE12 5EE
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000, depending on experience
Closing Date for applications: 2nd October 2022
deeserve is a small IT services company, and we are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our team.
Based out of our offices in Normanton on Soar, Leicestershire, you will be working as part of a small team supporting our clients’ IT networks on a day to day basis. You will also be assisting with new server and network projects, whether that’s designing and installing a new network from scratch to deploying additional (physical and virtual) servers. Our work involves managing networks at client premises as well as at data centres.
deeserve manage every aspect of a clients’ IT network, so you will be working with a wide range of technologies. Our clients are based all over the UK (with some offices and data centres abroad), so you will need to be prepared to travel and have a full UK driving license.
Please go through our web site to find out more about the kind of work we do – you will be involved with all aspects of every solution we support for our clients.
- Respond to support requests from our fully managed and ad-hoc support clients, remotely from our offices and on-site. This includes server, network, and user support.
- Provide proactive support, making use of our comprehensive monitoring system including regular checks for trends, responding to any alerts, and generating reports.
- Assist with new server and network installations (project work).
You should have experience working in a similar role with the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server – AD, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, File and Print, etc.
- Microsoft Windows (Desktop) – 8.1, 10, 11.
- Services – Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft 365, Sophos, Veeam.
- Virtualisation – Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere.
- Networking – Switches (Cisco, HPE Aruba), Firewalls (Cisco ASA/Firepower and WatchGuard), WiFi (Cisco, HPE Aruba).
- Windows-based PCs and Laptops, including end-user support when required.
It would be advantageous if you have had experience with the following:
- Linux (Ubuntu) support – web servers (NGINX, Apache), load balancers (HAProxy), and database servers (MySQL and MariaDB, including Galera Cluster).
You should have excellent communication skills, with users and staff of all IT expertise, including over the phone, via e-mail and face to face. You should also have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work within strict SLAs. Relevant qualifications would be advantageous.
There is also a requirement to take part in an on-call rota, supporting our clients with a 24/7 support contract on business critical issues.
If you’d like to work with us, please e-mail your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on the 30th September 2022.
More services to help
We offer a comprehensive range of IT services to suit all businesses - from "helpdesk"-style IT support to data centre hosting services.
Your business doesn’t run itself; and neither do its IT systems. From email to Internet, your back-up server to your phone system, you need technology to run smoothly so your business can do the same.
Our scalable private cloud services run on dedicated hardware. You’ll get 24/7 support, total security and lightning-fast speed; all at a fixed, all-inclusive monthly cost.
Our fully managed colocation services make use of data centres across the UK, to securely house your network equipment.