Here’s why your business needs Microsoft 365 Defender
Cyber attacks are getting ever more sophisticated, and the importance of protecting your business from the threat of them is getting correspondingly harder.
If you’re on Office 365, though, the good news is that there’s an advanced threat protection solution that can take care of everything without you having to give it much thought. That solution is Microsoft 365 Defender, and in today’s post we’re going to take you through what it can do and why you should consider adding it to your Microsoft 365 subscription.
What is Microsoft 365 Defender, and what can it do?
Microsoft 365 Defender is a form of antivirus protection, though it’s a bit cleverer than that. In Microsoft’s own words, it will “Protect all of Office 365 against advanced threats like business email compromise and credential phishing” and “Automatically investigate and remediate attacks.” Its capabilities cover every aspect of threat management, including:
- Prevention – with its robust filtering stack, Microsoft 365 Defender protects your business from a huge range of targeted and volume-based threats, including email compromise, phishing, ransomware and advanced malware.
- Detection, investigation and hunting – it’ll pick up suspicious and malicious content and uses advanced AI to spot clever campaigns that have been designed to get around standard antivirus protection. It also prioritises and investigates any threats it finds, automatically.
- Response and remediation – the software works alongside your IT support team to respond efficiently to incidents and repair the damage.
- Training – Microsoft 365 Defender has handy simulation capabilities that allow you to conduct advanced training on incident response.
- Keeping you safe – use Microsoft 365 Defender’s templates and insights to make sure your systems are configured in a way that keeps your business safe.
In short, it’s like antivirus protection on steroids.
Why add Microsoft 365 Defender to your 365 subscription?
Its capabilities speak for themselves, but there’s more to Microsoft 365 Defender than that. On a practical level, its many advantages include:
- Covers everything – built-in protection automatically covers all aspects of your 365 subscription, including Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Support throughout an attack and beyond – including prevention, detection, investigation, hunting, response, remediation, awareness and training and secure posture
- Easy to configure – just tick the boxes for the protections you want
- Actionable reporting – get detailed, customisable reports that you can act on, covering the areas you want to know about
It’s also worth mentioning that we have clients using this already who tell us it’s made a big difference to blocking inbound email attacks, whatever form they may take. Given the damage that an attack can do, not just to your online systems but to your business as a whole, it’s a no-brainer.
If we’ve convinced you that Microsoft 365 Defender is an indispensable addition to your cybersecurity arsenal, give our friendly team a call for more information and pricing on 01509 80 85 86, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’re also more than welcome to contact us if you already have Microsoft 365 Defender as part of your 365 subscription and just have a question or need support!
More services to help
We offer a comprehensive range of IT services to suit all businesses - from "helpdesk"-style IT support to data centre hosting services.
Your business doesn’t run itself; and neither do its IT systems. From email to Internet, your back-up server to your phone system, you need technology to run smoothly so your business can do the same.
Our scalable private cloud services run on dedicated hardware. You’ll get 24/7 support, total security and lightning-fast speed; all at a fixed, all-inclusive monthly cost.
Our fully managed colocation services make use of data centres across the UK, to securely house your network equipment.